Thank you very much for supporting Linux!
Here is my feedback from the demo so far:
- The perfectly responsive controls, learnable enemy patterns, and random level generation made this a pleasure to play.
- Are there any plans for persistent progression (permanent unlockables) for added replayability?
- Maybe I'm just bad at this genre, but after a few dozen tries I'm not close to beating level 3, and especially considering that this is a demo, I assume that there are / will be many more levels after that. Not a complaint by itself, however my observation is that it's becoming a bit repetitive, and might get tedious before I can get over the necessary skill threshold to progress. Perhaps this is something that would be simply fixed with more content, or persistent progression to allow grinding up an advantage.
- The Daemon boss seems to be considerably more difficult than other bosses.
- Not sure if this is intended, but some weapons or weapon configurations seem to be significantly better / worse than others. For example, generally lasers seem to be much better than razors or Vulcan cannons. Ammo for some weapons seems to also last much longer than for others.
- Razors and the arcing weapon modifier seem to drain ammo at a disproportionately rapid pace on contact (or arc).
- It's a bummer that pickups and power-ups disappear when exiting the room, for example when entering a vault and finding pickups which would be much more useful after a boss fight. Is this an intentional design choice?
- I've encountered identical, nearly-adjacent rooms on the same floor.
- I wish it was possible to turn off the shaking HUD effect on low HP. I don't know what the "UI flicker" option in settings does, but it's not this...
Looking forward to seeing the full version!